Yehaaaa! After my 1st successful Pork Sinigang, I was so inspired to try new dishes and here’s my second masterpiece. Tinola indeed. Same thing, I have searched Google for the recipe and how to of this Filipino dish. If you are a regular reader of my blog, you’ll notice that I just recently had this urge to learn how to cook and of course I’ve started with famous dishes from our country.
This is the simple recipe I got from PinoyMix
- 1 kilo whole chicken (cut into parts or choice cuts of breast, thighs of wings).
- 2 1/2 cups young papaya or sayote
- 1/2 cup dahon ng sili
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ginger (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 head garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons patis
- pinch of salt and pepper
- In a casserole, heat oil and saute’ garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken and water.
- Bring to a boil and lower fire, let simmer until chicken is cooked.
- Pour in patis, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in papaya or sayote, allow to cook.
- When ready to serve, put in dahon ng sili.
- Serve hot.
I’m so proud of this dish that I have cooked for it was a success. Tasted good for an amateur like me. I’m not saying it tasted good because I cooked it.. Haha! ‘Cause I’d let my Hubby do the tasting and also one of our housemates so I’m pretty sure that I did great! More recipes to come for me. Cheers!