Well, Yeah.. I dreamt of being chased and bitten by a black gold snake and I was so scared I couldn’t sleep anymore. I woke up drenched in sweat and was having difficulty breathing. A nightmare indeed. I was so consumed about it so I decided to make a research for its meaning. I googled it and here’s some of what I found out:
- To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can’t be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change. : (via Dream Moods)
- To dream of snake means — The person will earn a lot of money in his life and become rich. He/She will sove all the hurdles and will always climb in the career. Whoever sees the snake in the dream please visit the temple once and feed ants if possible…please don’t kill them and also never-never try to kill snake. : (via Experience Project)
- Dreaming of being bitten by a snake is one of the most common and striking snake dreams. While the dreamer is likely to wake up scared or confused about the meaning of such a dream, a general interpretation considers snake bite imagery in dreams as a precious warning or wake up call regarding your waking life. A snake biting you symbolically signifies that you need to pay attention to a challenging situation or emotion that has not yet been completely acknowledged and dealt with.
Dream Meaning #1: Pay attention to something you’ve been ignoring
Dreaming of being bitten by this wild reptile can be interpreted as a painful reminder that you need to pay attention to a situation or relationship that has been challenging or difficult to deal with in your waking life. A snake biting you in a dream symbolizes your own guidance system or unconscious trying to get your attention through a wake up call.
You’re becoming more aware about an issue or aspect of yourself that you’ve been ignoring. The snake bite has the effect of prompting a reaction on your part, whether it’s pain, surprise or fear. Often, the dreamer will wake up right after the snake bites her in the dream. The attack from the serpent can therefore point to the need to wake yourself up, in your life too, from a situation where you have been compromising too much.
A dream of a snake bite reminds you that you need to resolve or come to terms with a situation or behavior that is paralyzing your ability to make a decision or move forward. Getting bitten by this wild creature is an invitation to examine what is currently “poisonous” in your life and to remedy it.
Dream Meaning #2: Meaning of the body part that is bitten by the snake
The dream interpretation will vary depending on what part of the body is being bitten. Consider the meaning you give to the part and how it related to what is challenged or needs to change in your waking life.
For instance, a snake bite to the right hand means that you are conflicted about taking action or making the right choice in your life; it could suggest that you are preoccupied with acting in fairness or maintaining a healthy transparency in a relationship whether it is intimate or related to work.
Being bitten by a snake in the back could indicate that you need to pay attention to ill words or deceitful actions of people around you; it could also mean that you need to resolve issues from the past or concerns that you have been carrying with you for a long time.
Dream Meaning #3: You’re holding back your wild, untamed side
When you dream of a snake biting you, the animal may reflect conflictual urges or desires you have in waking life and that are hard to grasp or control. Dreaming of a snake brings to your attention, through the image of this animal, to a part of you that you or possibly others consider as “wild”, untamed, perhaps even “out of control”.
This inner conflict may have escaped your attention or you may have seen it looming over you, just like the animal in the dream before it strikes. The fact the snake is biting you indicates that you are in the process of becoming more conscious of what you need to do to take control of a situation or matter that has been creeping in
Dream Meaning #4: Transformation is painfully taking place in your life
The serpent is delivering the antidote to numbing yourself and avoiding what needs to be done to get to the next step in your life. The snake bite may point to a shift occurring in your awareness, a transformation: You are on the verge of becoming more aware about a matter that was previously hidden or avoided.
This radical shift may be experienced in a painful manner at first, but will be beneficial in the long run. This wake up call is part of your growth process.
Dream Meaning #5: Struggle with temptation
Dreaming of a snake biting you may represent the archetypal presence of temptation in your life. Just like the serpent in the Garden of Eden in the judeo-christian tradition, the animal in your dream could connect to a “temptation”, desire or situation you feel conflicted about because of it does not fit in your usual beliefs or ethical values.
The snake bite is a wake up call to face whatever is causing tension, perhaps even challenge some of your core beliefs or values and get a fresh perspective.: (via Snake Dreams)
Knowing what my nightmare means scare me more specifically with these:
Snake Bite Dream Meanings
- The snake bite symbolizes a wake up call
- Warning about a situation, activity, behavior or thought that are “poisonous” in your life.
- Warning about something that paralyzes your ability to make a choice in order to take the next step in your life or a relationship
- Resistance to what is perceived as a “temptation” or a situation that challenges your beliefs or values
- Sign that you’re on the verge of a deep personal transformation
(via Snake Dreams)
I’m quite uncertain of this though and it bothers me. I’m not really into this or anything superstitious but who knows? It might be true! I even read from The Dreaming Wizard that snakes also symbolizes “Babies” or they could also stand for fertility due their large number of progeny and its either me or someone close to me will bear one soon. That will be good news if that would be true Ü.