I’ve missed it yesterday. Again. I’ve been quite busy. I would do it today anyway, on a Thursday so I’ll call it Tarrying Thursday. Lame. Well Tarrying is synonymous to Waiting; that’s the best word I can racked my brain as of the moment so bear with me here. Unless you could give me suggestions on how I can call it. Spare me some until next Tuesday. Ha! Ha!
Anyway, I just stumbled upon this new book by Jennifer Armentrout and it really caught my attention.
The Return (Titan #1)
It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody – which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.
Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to “puree”. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of an ancient myth is gunning for her.
But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.
Book 1 in the new adult paranormal TITAN series, spin-off to the best selling COVENANT series.
I’m not pretty sure if you could be excited about this, if you haven’t read the Covenant Series. At any rate, Jennifer confirmed that this can be a stand-alone series, not really an extension of the Covenant. Still, I suggest that you read the Covenant so you could relate to this giddy feeling in me just for the mention of Seth’s name. Seth’s not really a lovable character, but I have learned to love him eventually and learning that he has his own series sends blissful sparks in me.
Expected publication is February of 2015. No exact date yet, but apparently a lot of readers are so excited about this and marking this on their calendar. The cover is also not confirmed hitherto, but I LOVE IT. So mysterious and intriguing. It is what I have envisaged of him really. Bad ass and yet so dangerously handsome. It will be tweak a little or maybe change entirely as per Jennifer, but I can’t help falling in love with the recent cover that’s revealed. Hopefully, it will be a lot more captivating.
Jennifer also shared some teasers on this upcoming book that made me so exhilarated.
Quick Facts: The Return (Titan #1)
- The Return will be in dual POV (Seth and our main protagonist)
- You have NOT met the female lead yet.
- The female lead has absolutely no knowledge of gods and any of that
- Since it’s a Titan novel, you can expect… the Titans.
- Apollo will be all up in the book, because well, it’s Apollo and I sort of like him.
- Deacon and Luke will make appearances, but other main characters will not be featured in this series. (Not giving details to avoid as much spoilers as possible)
- The biggest difference is that the Titan series will be New Adult paranormal. And here’s the reason why. I never gave Seth’s birthday, but he’s always been well over the age of 18 years old, and I really have no real reason bringing him into a high school environment without making him look like a creeper. And he already has enough creeper tendencies as is, so he really is too old for YA. Does that mean the book will be inappropriate for younger readers? Absolutely not. Will it have more adult content? Probably. I mean, Seth was always borderline inappropriate, but my YA books have that, so….
- And it will be releasing in early 2015, tentatively February 2015 in both print and digital.
Oh my. So much to look forward to. Love. Love. Love. Truly a series to watch out for. Teehee!
Waiting on Wednesday was started by Breaking the Spine and serves to showcase those books that aren’t released yet, but that we’re eagerly awaiting!