The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
It has been a busy week since I’m trying my best to juggle everything. Work, reading and a lot of other things. So much to do with so little time. Fortunately, I was able to fit them all. I was able to finished Winterspell, started and finished The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender for my October Random Reads and currently reading The Iron Trial. Work’s still a bit tough on schedule and really tiring, but I was able to accomplished a lot in all fairness. I’m so proud of myself. LOL! Anyway, the highlight of my week was that I got a day off from work for my son’s 12th birthday. Since it falls right after his actual birth date, I didn’t have much time to prepare for the celebration. We just had a nice and super fun dinner with the whole family. Here’s a photo of my birthday boy, Heaven Alessandre ♥
Isn’t he such a cutie? 😀 He’s growing up pretty fast. Refusing to hold hands with me in public now. Sniff. Next year, he’ll enter a new pace of his life, which is being teen and I’m really hoping that I could turn back those days that he’s still in his diapers. Oh wait! I’m being emotional now. It seems like I’m getting old too. LOL. How’s your week? 😀
Last Week On The Blog
- My Week in a Wrapped #4
- ARC Giveaway: Invaded (Alienated #2) by Melissa Landers
- Swag and Book Giveaways + Book Tours : A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- Teaser Tuesday #15: Winterspell by Claire LeGrand
- Waiting on Wednesday: Atlantia by Ally Condie
- Book Review: Winterspell by Claire LeGrand
- Book Review: The Strange & Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
- Book Beginning #3: The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare + Holly Black
Next Week On The Blog
- Will check for recent updates for books I want
- Teaser Tuesday #15: The Iron Trial (If I dont have a new read yet)
- Waiting on Wednesday #20: I’m still thinking of what to feature
- Book Review: The Iron Trial (Hopefully!)
- Currently Reading #26: Crown of Ice by Vicki Weavil 🙂
- Book Review: Crown of Ice (Hopefully!)
- Book Beginning #3: Hoping to feature a new read 😀
Name: The Iron Trial
Author: Holly Black and Cassandra Claire
Number of Pages: 304 in Hardcover
Published: September 9th 2014 by Scholastic Press
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Adventure, Supernatural
“Most kids would do anything to pass the Iron Trial.
Not Callum Hunt. He wants to fail.
All his life, Call has been warned by his father to stay away from magic. If he succeeds at the Iron Trial and is admitted into the Magisterium, he is sure it can only mean bad things for him.
So he tries his best to do his worst – and fails at failing.
Now the Magisterium awaits him. It’s a place that’s both sensational and sinister, with dark ties to his past and a twisty path to his future.
The Iron Trial is just the beginning, for the biggest test is still to come . .”
Around the Blogosphere
I want to have this part dedicated to book lovers I’m following 🙂
- Book Review: The Ship of Brides by Bookshelf Fantasies
- ARC Review: This is Your After Life by Friends with Characters
- Friday Finds (October 24) by Cleopatra Loves Books
- 50 of the Scariest Short Stories of all Time by Raspberry Reader
- Creative Friday: Book Beginnings/Friday 56 – “The Oleander Sisters” by Creative Journey
Newly Owned to Read #7
I’m limiting myself to three new books a week since my unread books are piling up. LOL 😀
Do you have a Sunday Post too? Please leave your links on the comment box. I’ll check them out 😀
Linking this up with Stacking the Shelves